9 November, 2017
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (A.K.A Peanut Butter Temptations)
This is another one of those cookies that just about everyone has had at some point. The name may change, but these Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are always a crowd favorite. I have made them many times over the years the recipe has changed ever so slightly. This is the one cookie I probably make the most because they are requested so often by my friends and family ( okay, I make them for me pretty often too!) The crunchy peanut butter cookie crust combined with the soft peanut butter cup centers is the perfect combination.
I also have an alcoholic version of these cookies that can be found here.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1¼-Cup All- Purpose Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 48 Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Unwrapped
1.Unwrap the Peanut butter cups and set aside. I have always found that if you put them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes they are much easier to unwrap and don’t start to melt in your hands.
2. In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract together.
3. Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until all is combined.
4. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Press into 1 ½ inch mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until the edges look brown slightly.
5. Remove cookies from the oven and immediately press one peanut butter cup in each cookie crust while still hot. This allows the peanut butter cups to melt slightly into the crust so it stays in place.
6. Allow the cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes before moving them to a wire cooling rack. Store in an airtight container once the peanut butter cups harden again.